Friday, March 26, 2010

Horizon Champs Provide Orange Crush

Well, my team is out of contention for the national championship. While my bracket may be busted, I am by no means done enjoying the quality of play this tournament is providing. I picked the Orangemen to cut down the nets after it was all said and done. They were upended by a #5 seed Butler team that forgot it was a mid-major many years ago. Maybe it’s because I’ve just flat missed it in all the regular season games, or maybe it’s because I’ve spent the last year without cable, but Butler as a team, might have the best sets of defensive hands in the tournament. Sure, the Orangeman were shooting themselves in the foot by turning the ball over left and right, but trust me, Butler did an incredible job at creating those turnovers and their tenacity on defense will be why they have a chance in the next round against Kansas State. While Butler doesn’t have anyone who jumps off the stat sheet at you, the way they play as a team could be all they need to punch their ticket to Indy.

No comments:

Post a Comment